The Shuttleworth Collection have released details of their 2022 Air Show season which includes special events to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee and the return of favourite themes.
Although Sundays revert to type, drive-in air shows will remain in 2022 for the evening shows in May, June and July.
Making a comeback in July is the ever-popular Fly Navy event, where a number of surprises are hoped to be on show.
The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee will be marked with June’s Sunday show, making a great occasion for all the family to enjoy, whilst August’s Family Air Show will have all kinds of exciting attractions both on the ground and in the skies – so be prepared to be thrilled!
Flying Proms takes place in August. Combining musical scores with an evening flying programme, it’s a great excuse to relax with a picnic and a glass of something fizzy.
The September Steam and Vintage Air Show celebrates a bygone era, so don your best vintage clothes and dig out the Glenn Miller record for this pageant of power.
Closing the season is Shuttleworth’s traditional October Race Day, combining both vintage racers with both wings and wheels.
- 1st May 2022 – Season Premiere Air Show
- 14th May 2022 – Evening of Espionage Drive-in Air Show
- 5th June 2022 – Jubilee Flying Circus
- 18th June 2022 – Military Drive-In Evening Air Show
- 3rd July 2022 – Fly Navy Air Show
- 16th July 2022 – Evening Drive-In Air Show
- 7th August 2022 – Family Air Show
- 20th August 2022 – Flying Proms
- 4th September 2022 – Steam and Vintage Air Show
- 2nd October 2022 – Race Day
For more information and ticketing details, visit http://www.shuttleworth.org