10th-12th September 2021 – Sanicole Aeroclub, Hetchel, Belgium
Event Organised by: Sanicole Aeroclub
The Sanicole Aeroclub hosts the only major civilian airshow in Belgium. It opens on Friday evening with a spectacular sunset airshow which continues into the dark with specialist twilight display acts. The main show is an eight hour flying display featuring a huge variety of aircraft from civilian and military backgrounds, modern and historic.
A number of measures have been introduced to ensure a COVID-19 secure environment.
- Saturday added to spread the crowd across 3 days.
- Audience restricted to 5000-7500 each day.
- The audience will be placed seated on 5 properly separated stages. Each of these will have a maximum of 1500 seats.
- Social distancing will be implemented as necessary according to social bubbles.
- Distancing between will be guaranteed with prior assigned seating.
- Each of these 5 stages will have its own catering and toilets to limit contact to the bare minimum.
- Depending on requirements at the time, each of the 5 section may also have its own entrance.
- If allowed, there will be a tradestand boulevard behind the sections with compulsory walking directions like we have at local outdoor markets.
- When not seated, a mouth-nose mask is compulsory.
- If allowed, static display will be at both the east end and west end of the showground. If required by authorities, this can be with timeslots.
- To avoid restless children on the stage, there will still be a playground
Reviews from previous Events
Images from 2019
Last updated: June 18, 2021 at 9:49 am
Belgian Air Force
- Lockheed Martin F-16AM Fighting Falcon (F) F-16 Demo Team (FRI/SAT/SUN)
- Agusta 109BAi (F) A109 Demo Team (FRI/SAT/SUN)
- Red Devils – SIAI Marchetti SF260 x 4 (F) (SAT/SUN)
Czech Air Force
- Mil Mi-17/171 ‘Hip‘ (F) (SAT/SUN)
- Mil Mi-24v/35 ‘Hind‘ (F) (SAT/SUN)
- PZL W-3 Sokół (F) (SAT/SUN)
Finnish Air Force
- McDonnell Douglas F-18C Hornet (F) (SAT/SUN)
French Air Force
- Extra 330SC (F) EVAA (FRI/SAT/SUN)
- Vautour Bravo – Dassault Rafale C x 2 (F) EC2/30 ‘Normandie Niemen’ / EC 3/30 Lorraine (SAT/SUN)
- Northrop Grumman E-2C Hawkeye (F) 4F (SAT/SUN)
German Army Aviation
- NH Industries NH90TTH (S)
Hellenic Air Force
- Lockheed Martin F-16C Fighting Falcon (F) Zeus Demo Team
Hungarian Air Force
- SAAB JAS-39C Gripen (F) (FRI/SAT/SUN)
Polish Air Force
- Lockheed Martin F-16C Fighting Falcon (F) Tiger Demo Team
Royal Air Force
- Red Arrows – BAE Systems Hawk T1 x 9 (F) (FRIDAY ONLY)
Swiss Air Force
- Patrouille Suisse – Northrop F-5E Tiger II x 6 (F) (FRI/SAT/SUN)
- McDonnell Douglas F/A-18C Hornet (F) Swiss Hornet Demo Team (SAT/SUN)
Classic Jets and Cold War Era Types
- Bristol Sycamore (F) Flying Bulls (SAT/SUN)
- Consolidated PBY-5A Catalina (F) Plane Sailing Catalina Operations (FRI ONLY)
- Hawker Fury ISS (F) Kris Van Den Bergh (FRI/SAT/SUN)
- Boeing Stearman (S) Private
- Stampe SV4 (S) Private
- Aerosuperbatics Wingwalkers – Boeing Stearman x 2 (F) (FRI/SAT/SUN)
- Stolp Starduster Too (F) Trescal (FRI/SAT/SUN)
- Victors Formation Team – Piper Cherokee x 4 (SAT/SUN)
“AIRCRAFT” – New Addition, (F) – Flying Display, (S) – Static Display, (F/S) – Flying and Static Display, (FP) – Flypast Only, (V) – Visiting Aircraft, (SP) – Support Aircraft, “AIRCRAFT” & (TBC) – Participation To Be Confirmed by Organiser