19th-20th September 2020 – IWM Duxford, Cambridgeshire, CB22 4QR
From 6 July to 27 September 2020, IWM will mark the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Britain, retelling the extraordinary story of the Second World War aerial campaign during the summer of 1940. IWM Duxford will open redeveloped areas of the historic site which played a direct role within the aerial campaign. The anniversary programme will culminate in a commemorative Battle of Britain Air Show from 19 to 20 September 2020.
The Duxford Battle of Britain Air Show brings to life Duxford’s finest hour as an important Second World War fighter station defending Great Britain from aerial attack in 1940.
- Witness the majesty of a mass Spitfire flypast over the skies of IWM Duxford, where history was made during the Second World War
- Get close to historic aircraft and brave pilots taking to the skies above you, following in the footsteps of ‘the few’ to whom so much was owed by so many
- Experience daring air displays, dog fights, pyrotechnics and aerobatics
- Enjoy the live showground and family entertainment bringing Duxford’s Battle of Britain history vividly to life
- Take a step back in time and immerse yourself in Duxford’s heritage – the first Spitfires flown in operation served at RAF Duxford, home to 19 Squadron and learn the stories of the people who lived and worked on this crucial wartime RAF airbase
- Visit the award winning museum and interactive exhibitions – entrance to all of our public buildings are included in your air show ticket price
Reviews from previous Events
Images from 2019
Last updated: February 19, 2020 at 10:41 am
- Participation to be announced
- Consolidated PBY-5A Catalina (F) (TBC) Plane Sailing Catalina Operations
“AIRCRAFT” – New Addition, (F) – Flying Display, (S) – Static Display, (F/S) – Flying and Static Display, (FP) – Flypast Only, (V) – Visiting Aircraft, (SP) – Support Aircraft, “AIRCRAFT” & (TBC) – Participation To Be Confirmed by Organiser
CREDITS: Plane Sailing Catalina Operations