17th May 2020 – Dalton Barracks, Abingdon Airfield, Oxfordshire, OX13 6JQ
The 2020 Abingdon Air and Country Show will continue to feature static aircraft and a fly-in of aircraft of all types – from gyrocopters and helicopters to jet and transport aircraft.
As part of the 2020 Helicopter Meeting theme the flying display makes a return, contrary to previous announcements, and will be predominantly helicopters. This display will be split in to two sections, with falconry and radio controlled model aircraft taking part too.
On the ground the arena displays, children’s’ amusements, live music and classic and ex military vehicles will continue. Back after a few years’ absence is the craft marquee, a firm favourite!
Reviews from previous Events
Images from 2019
Last updated: January 2, 2020 at 11:33 am
- Participation to be announced
Classic Jets and Cold War Era Types
- Taylorcraft Auster AOP9 (F/S) Historic Army Aircraft Flight
- de Havilland Canada Beaver AL1 (F/S) Historic Army Aircraft Flight
- Agusta/Bell Sioux AH1 (F/S) Historic Army Aircraft Flight
- Westland Scout AH1 (F/S) Historic Army Aircraft Flight
- Aerospatiale SA341 Gazelle (S) Steve Atherton
- Westland Wasp HAS1 (S) Terry Martin
- Consolidated PBY-5A Catalina (F/S) Plane Sailing Cataline Operations
- Pitts Model 12 (S) Iain Smith
- Pitts S-2S Special (F/S) Richard Goodwin
“AIRCRAFT” – New Addition, (F) – Flying Display, (S) – Static Display, (F/S) – Flying and Static Display, (FP) – Flypast Only, (V) – Visiting Aircraft, (SP) – Support Aircraft, “AIRCRAFT” & (TBC) – Participation To Be Confirmed by Organiser
CREDITS: Plane Sailing Catalina Operations