The immensely successful Torbay Airshow will return for a second year in 2017.
This free family event, run by Torbay Council, is set to return on Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 June.
Torbay’s Elected Mayor, Gordon Oliver, said: “I am delighted that the Torbay Airshow will return next year. Over 100,000 people enjoyed this family event over weekend and it brought millions of pounds to the local economy.
“Much hard work went into making the inaugural event a great success and it was extremely well received by residents and visitors to the Bay. We have gathered detailed feedback and will ensure that this is used to make next year even better.
“I believe this is a great opportunity for Torbay to grow a high quality event that is known nationally and internationally.”
Executive Lead for Tourism, Culture and Harbours, Cllr Nicole Amil, said: “I was incredibly proud of what the Torbay Airshow achieved last year and I am so pleased that it will be returning next year. We can build on what, I believe, was one of the best events we have ever put on.”
“We have proved that our beautiful location, with a natural amphitheatre Bay and great facilities, lends itself perfectly to a large coastal airshow event and the feedback we have from residents and visitors also reflects this. I look forward to next year’s event which I am sure will also be a great success.”