Have you been lucky enough to see the AeroSuperBatics Wingwalkers perform at the European and/or International airshows this year?
Do you wish it was you performing at speeds of 130mph on the wing of the biplane at 1,000ft?
Yes? Well then this is your chance to join the team…
The Gloucestershire based display team perform at over 80 events each year throughout Europe and beyond, and have also displayed in Japan, India, Dubai, Australia and China.
This is an exciting, yet challenging role, as the art of wingwalking involves climbing around an aircraft in flight and performing gymnastic moves on the wing as they loop above thousands of spectators looking up in awe.
This unique job involves travelling and performing all over the world and assisting with events and club days at their private airfield as well as various other duties at the onsite.
An enthusiastic, hard-working team player is sought for this amazing role. A background in dance and fitness is ideal to perform against the immense wind pressure experienced when flying at speeds of up to 130mph, as is the ability to continue smiling at the crowd when it starts raining!
The successful candidate will receive full training in the art of wingwalking, so no previous wingwalking experience is required.
When not performing, all professional Wingwalkers will assist in hosting our weekday Public Wingwalking Experience Days at our private airfield in Rendcomb, Cirencester. The successful applicant will need to be located within travel distance of these headquarters
Your full time contract will commence from April 2019 to end September 2019, working 6 days a week throughout this period. During the winter months you may be called upon to perform at international airshows.
- Due to airworthiness and safety limitations the successful candidate will be no shorter than 4ft, no taller than 5ft 4” and weigh no more than 8½ stone
- Level headed and very safety conscious
- Bubbly and outgoing – someone who can happily talk to tv, press, sponsors and members of the public
- Polite and enthusiastic at all times and be a good ambassador for the Company
- Positive attitude and energy
- Proactive with a hardworking ethic – hours can be long in difficult conditions
- A real team player who is happy to help out wherever needed
- Good time keeping and professionalism at all times
- Well-presented and good communicator
- Adaptable and flexibility towards tasks – the role is varied and all team members must be willing to ‘muck in’
- Attention to detail and a quick learner
Interested in applying?
Please email a CV, photograph and covering letter explaining why you would make a great Wingwalker along with height and weight details to [email protected].