More spectacular aerial displays have been confirmed to wow the crowds at this year’s Weston Air Festival.
The two-day festival on Weston-super-Mare seafront will take place over the weekend of 18 and 19 June.
Flights confirmed so far include:
- RAF Red Arrows – Saturday
- RAF Eurofighter Typhoon – Saturday
- RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (Spitfire, Hurricane, Lancaster) – Saturday and Sunday
- Hangar 11 P-51 Mustang – Saturday and Sunday
- Antonov AN-2 (world’s largest bi-plane) – Saturday and Sunday
- Sally B B-17 Flying Fortress – Saturday and Sunday
- PBY Catalina Amphibian Sea Plane – Saturday and Sunday
- Belgian Ballerina (3 x Stampe SV4 bi-planes) – Saturday and Sunday
- Gyro Air Display – Saturday and Sunday
- Strikemaster Jet – Saturday and Sunday.
The air show will also incorporate the town’s Armed Forces celebrations with military exhibitions and displays. Following the flag raising ceremony, there will be marching displays and performances from military bands.
In addition to a full weekend of air displays, there will be fun fair rides, trade stands and activities such as mini tanks, a zip-wire and giant inflatables.
Once again North Somerset Council is pleased to be working with Heart Radio in the promotion of the event. Keep up to date with all the festival news on www.westonairfestival.com and on Twitter @WestonSeafront.